At Chilworth, we have developed a bespoke curriculum that aims to create learners who will succeed in the 21st century. We have established a rich, relevant and purposeful educational experience that allows us to develop the whole child and meet the needs and interests of individual pupils. Our curriculum provides learning that has local, national and international dimensions.
Our curriculum allows children to build on their learning, progressively acquiring the knowledge and skills needed for the next stage in their education. This means ensuring children are confident in reading, writing and maths, which supports them in fully accessing the broad curriculum and enrichment opportunities available. Pupils are given opportunities to rehearse and embed these skills daily.
Chilworth Infant School develops the skills and attitudes that help children become life-long learners and succeed in their future. These are embedded in our curriculum and celebrated in all classes and in our wider community.
Each half term, children are immersed in an engaging topic. Some subjects are taught outside of this. Throughout our curriculum, we also provide:
- Cross-curricular links where they are meaningful
- Resources that are inspiring and motivating and ensure that all pupils learn and progress
- Relevant and rich first hand experiences including visits and visitors
- An appropriate level of challenge for pupils, no matter what their starting point
- Opportunities for deep thinking and debate
- Regular opportunities for parents to be involved in their child’s learning
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through the curriculum.
Our Children enjoy coming to school and our attendance rates are high. Our pupils achieve high outcomes in the phonics screening and the end of key stage 1 SATS, achieving higher than both national and surrey scores.