At Chilworth Infant and Nursery school we aim to :
Provide a safe, caring, Christian environment, where every child develops a love of life and learning’
The School Aims are-
To provide a safe, caring, Christian environment where every child develops a love of life and learning in an environment which values the needs of both the individual and others and promotes positive self-esteem.
We aim to achieve this by-
- Providing a broad and balanced curriculum which excites and stimulates each child’s desire to learn
- Providing a social and moral environment in which each child respects the views, feelings and beliefs of everyone
- Encouraging children to reach their full potential whilst having the confidence to risk failure
- Developing self-confidence and raising awareness of the responsibilities of good citizenship and care of the environment
- Enabling children to make choices that will keep them safe and healthy
- Ensuring all staff are given the opportunity to develop professionally.
What this means:
- A sound foundation in basic literacy and numeracy
- A broad range of experiences and extra-curricular activities, including learning about the forest environment
- A skilled and caring teaching and support staff
- A school that welcomes everyone, whether Christian, of a different belief, or of no belief